Correct way to use Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2016 at 11:06:18 #809683

we are leaving to Switzerland on Monday. Very excited to finally start our adventure after so much preparation. I have the Transfer Ticket/half fare combo.

1. Am I correct that once I get to the airport I should get the pass validated then we travel to Wengen. We will spend a week there.

2. My question is do I then buy a half fare ticket every time we get on a cog/gondola/train?

Thanks for this forum we are doing many things because of what I read here.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    15 July 2016 at 15:26:21 #854189

Hi munichmaria,

1. You might be able to validate it yourself by filling out the travel date on the pass. That will save you some time so you can board the train straight away. Here’s more information: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstransferticket/howt ouse. Of course you can ask the staff of the airport train station if you’re in doubt, or attach a copy of your pass here so we can have a look at it. There are various versions.

2. You can buy your half fare ticket for the day at the train station in Wengen. Either from the machine or the staffed ticket window.

Glad to hear our website has been inspiring!

• The thread ‘Correct way to use Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.