Cost of cable car ride to and from First Flyer

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2016 at 13:37:46 #809619

Hello,

I hope to travel to Grindelwald and from there, go on the First Flyer.

I am trying to find the cost of the cable car ride from Grindelwald to First Flyer on the SBB timetable, but was not able to. I was also trying to find the cost of the cable car ride from Schreckfeld to Grindelwald, but the name Schreckfeld does not appear on the SBB time table.

Please let me know how I can find out the cost of the above cable car rides.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2016 at 16:38:56 #853854

Hi Traveller 3

I searched on the website for the Jungfrau region and found the following.

Package – cablecar from Grindelwald to First, First Flyer to Schreckfeld and cablecar from Schreckfeld to Grindelwald – inclusive adult 76chf, with a half fare card or travel pass reduction 53chf. The reduction applies to the cable car rides in the package as there is no reduction on the First Flyer which is 29chf for an adult. If you have a pass of some kind, you should show it at the ticket counter at the Grindelwald cable car station and ask for the package as I have described it to get the reduced price. The person on the counter will speak English so no worries there!

Enjoy the thrill – but be warned at busy times there will be a queue for the Flyer!

Maggie

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2016 at 8:51:56 #853855

Hello Maggie,

Many thanks for your response. Could you please let me know if there is a particular website you referred to?

Also, is it not possible to buy the cable car tickets separately? A package would be good too, but I just want to get an overall idea of the costs.

Thank you.

Hi, is this the website you looked at? http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tou rism/destinations/grin delwald-first/first-flyer/

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 July 2016 at 6:09:27 #853856

Hi Traveller3,

You can certainly buy separate cable car tickets. A regular return ticket Grindelwald – First costs CHF 58.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2016 at 10:27:59 #853857

Noted. Thank you

• The thread ‘Cost of cable car ride to and from First Flyer’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.