Cost of cable car ride to and from First Flyer

Cost of cable car ride to and from First Flyer

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Traveller3
Traveller3
60 posts
Jul 6, 2016 - 1:37 PM

Hello,

I hope to travel to Grindelwald and from there, go on the First Flyer.

I am trying to find the cost of the cable car ride from Grindelwald to First Flyer on the SBB timetable, but was not able to. I was also trying to find the cost of the cable car ride from Schreckfeld to Grindelwald, but the name Schreckfeld does not appear on the SBB time table.

Please let me know how I can find out the cost of the above cable car rides.

Thank you

maggiehorswell
maggiehorswell
318 posts
top member
Jul 6, 2016 - 4:38 PM in reply to Traveller3

Hi Traveller 3

I searched on the website for the Jungfrau region and found the following.

Package - cablecar from Grindelwald to First, First Flyer to Schreckfeld and cablecar from Schreckfeld to Grindelwald - inclusive adult 76chf, with a half fare card or travel pass reduction 53chf. The reduction applies to the cable car rides in the package as there is no reduction on the First Flyer which is 29chf for an adult. If you have a pass of some kind, you should show it at the ticket counter at the Grindelwald cable car station and ask for the package as I have described it to get the reduced price. The person on the counter will speak English so no worries there!

Enjoy the thrill - but be warned at busy times there will be a queue for the Flyer!

Maggie

Traveller3
Traveller3
60 posts
Jul 7, 2016 - 8:51 AM in reply to maggiehorswell

Hello Maggie,

Many thanks for your response. Could you please let me know if there is a particular website you referred to?

Also, is it not possible to buy the cable car tickets separately? A package would be good too, but I just want to get an overall idea of the costs.

Thank you.

Hi, is this the website you looked at? www.jungfrau.ch/en/tou rism/destinations/grin delwald-first/first-flyer/

Last modified on Jul 7, 2016 - 9:04 AM by Traveller3
Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
Jul 9, 2016 - 6:09 AM in reply to Traveller3

Hi Traveller3,

You can certainly buy separate cable car tickets. A regular return ticket Grindelwald - First costs CHF 58.

Traveller3
Traveller3
60 posts
Jul 10, 2016 - 10:27 AM in reply to Arno

Noted. Thank you

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016