Cost of travel from Zurich to Murren

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2016 at 0:24:36 #808437

My husband and I are travelling with our 18 year old son from Zurich to Murren in July and we are staying for 4 nights before returning to fly out of Zurich. We will do some hiking and willI go up the Jungfrau. I was trying to work out whether or not we should buy a Swiss Pass but whenever I try to find the cost of the trip from Murrren to Zurich ( to compare with the Swiss Pass) it tells me it cannot proceed. I tried to find the cost of the trip in both Feb and March as I realise I cannot yet book for July. Does anyone know the the cost of the trip from Zurich to Murren?

Thanks so much for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 February 2016 at 7:18:39 #848515

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Kim66!

A return ticket from Zurich airport to Mürren costs CHF 183.20. If you plan to make local trips only you’re probably best off with a Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi. It includes that trip for free, plus 50% discounts on the tickets for day trips.

The Swiss Pass was discontinued in 2014. It was replaced by the Swiss Travel Pass, but the above mentioned ticket might be a better option for you.

To compare costs, please see here for a detailed explanation and a downloadable spreadsheet.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2016 at 8:51:01 #848516

Thanks very much. The Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi looks like the best bet for us as even if we do a bit of tripping around on cable cars and trains to get to other villages or towns it still looks better value for us that the Swiss Travel Pass (with or without the half price card).

Thanks for your help!

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 February 2016 at 10:29:00 #848517

Glad to help! To see where to buy, please go to the Price tab and be sure to select the Combi pass under “Rail product”. That will give you the best options.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Cost of travel from Zurich to Murren’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.