Cost of trip to Pilatus and rigi

Cost of trip to Pilatus and rigi

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
franbemadd
franbemadd
4 posts
Mar 4, 2012 - 10:27 AM
Ii will have a few days in Luzern and am trying to work out the best pass option. I have two questions:

1 Are the passes valid for full discount on the Rigi? It seems to me they are. I'd like to take the boat to Vitznau go up and come back down to Arth Goldau. what is the full fare for such a trip?

2. Same question for the Pilatus, where it seems to me that part of the fare would have only 50 % off.

thank you
Wandermann
Wandermann
297 posts
top member
Mar 4, 2012 - 11:57 AM
Hi franbemadd,

Whether any rail pass will be economical for you depends on the number of days you want to travel (as well as time of the year: sometimes there are special offers if you don't travel alone) and where you want to go (long trips or short trips).
On the page of any Swiss pass on this website (please check the first link I mentioned, just select the pass you want to see) you will find a link to a (PDF) overview of vailidity of this particular pass.

If you opt for the Swiss Pass, for example, you will see that you can reach Rigi from Lucerne and reach Art-Goldau (continue to Lucerne) for free.

Reaching Pilatus from Lucernce with 50 % discount between Alpnachstad and Pilatus. (No reduction though if you want to continue from Pilatus to Kriens and from there back to Lucerne).

I hope you will have a nice time in Switzerland!

Enjoy your stay!
franbemadd
franbemadd
4 posts
Mar 5, 2012 - 4:25 AM
Thank you

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016