Crans-Montana

• johannes61
    Participant
    4 posts
    23 May 2012 at 21:15:17 #805282

Hello,

We will visit the Crans-Montana (Sirrie/Siders/Bluche) region this summer. We will mainly use the SMC bus/funicular (http://www.cie-smc.ch/) there.

1. If we are holding the valid Swiss Passes, is SMC Company a participant of the Swiss Passes so that we can travel its vehicles free of charge, or at discount, or to the worse case, we have to pay full because the Swiss Pass does not cover the SMC vehicle.

2. Where can I download the time table and fare information of the bus/funicular services?

3. Any experience and comments with the SMC vehicles and their service to share?

4. Any experience and comments with the small inn Auberge du Petit Paradis there to share?

Thank you!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    24 May 2012 at 4:23:56 #836172

Hello Johannes61,

1. On the Swiss Pass page you can download a PDF overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid. You’ll see that SMC services are fully covered by the Swiss Pass, so you can use these for free.
    2. You can download timetable and fare information from the website you linked to. Besides, if you want to plan other trips as well, it may be a good idea to use the Swiss Timetable (available as a reliable app for smartphones as well).
    3. No personal experience with these services, but I do know the Swiss transportation system is famous for its services and accuracy. So, I’m quite sure the SMC won’t disappoint you!

Have a great time!

johannes61
    Participant
    4 posts
    24 May 2012 at 6:13:00 #836173

Great thanks Wandermann!!

But when I click the ‘overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid’ wishing to download the related PDF, it goes to the SwissTravelSystem website and says ‘404–Page Not Found’.

Any idea what has happened? Can you type me a direct link for me to go to that useful web page directly?

Thanks again anyway!!

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    24 May 2012 at 7:23:07 #836174

Hi,

The link I gave works fine on my computer. May be this works for you: http://www.swisstravelsystem.ch/fileadmin/pdf/STS-GB-M-11-EN-WEB.pdf?

johannes61
    Participant
    4 posts
    24 May 2012 at 9:47:19 #836175

Great thanks again Wandermann,

But unfortunately the web page came out the same, says ‘404 — Page Not Found'”. I will try to figure it out. But I sincerely thank you for your kindness trying to help.

Cheers!!

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    24 May 2012 at 10:17:58 #836176

Hi,

Now I’m experiencing problems too! I guess it will be fixed soon.

Annika
    7121 posts
    24 May 2012 at 10:26:09 #836177

Hi johannes61 and Wandermann. The map doesn’t work at the moment indeed, and we’re working on it! As for SMC: yes, that’s covered by the Swiss Pass. I think I e-mailed that answer to your request yesterday, johannes61. Did you receive my mail? Kind regards,

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 May 2012 at 11:58:24 #836178

The maps are available for download again. Sorry for the inconvenience!

johannes61
    Participant
    4 posts
    24 May 2012 at 22:29:34 #836179

Great Great Thanks Wanderman, Annika and also Amo, information very clear now, thanks a lot again !! Have a fun day.

• The thread ‘Crans-Montana’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.