Customs and immigration while leaving Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2016 at 4:40:44 #809597

I would be travelling to Italy after spending 4 days in Switzerland as a tourist. I am a indian citizen and have a Schengen tourist visa. I shall be spending 6 days in Italy and then return to India. I would be crossing over to Italy by train from Chur into Tirano.

What are the exit customs & immigration requirements of Switzerland and do I have to intimate my exit details to any swiss authority? If yes where is it to be done?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2016 at 12:15:29 #853737

Hello,

You must ask the Schengen Visa in the country were you stay the most day of your holiday in Schengen countries: http://www.myswissalps.com/visa. Switzerland and also Italy is a Schengen country.

I THINK you can travel from Switserland to Italy without any problems or administration.

You can ask it on the Swiss helpdesk site:

http://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/e n/fdfa/fdfa/organisati on-fdfa/directorates-divisions/cd/swiss-citizen-services/helpline-fdfa.html

Greetings from the Netherlands (also Schengen country….)

Brahms

subaark
    Participant
    17 posts
    9 July 2016 at 15:00:38 #853738

Hi ,

Schengen visa should be taken from the embassy where you stay the most . In your case Italy. Hope you have that .

Generally it is only at the first point of entry that they check your Visa and the last point of Departure. We were stamped in Paris and exit stamp from Zurich ( to India).

Suganthy

• The thread ‘Customs and immigration while leaving Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.