Dates train to Jungfraujoch closed to tourists?

• Ella07
    Participant
    2 posts
    16 October 2016 at 13:49:13 #810237

Hello!

I am planning to be in Switzerland Oct 29th – Nov 3rd. Trying to fit in the trip to Jungfraujoch. Was hoping to do this via a public tour (private tours will not accept one person) from Zurich or Interlaken but my date of Wed Nov 2nd doesn’t seem to work for any tour. Is there a reason why tours do not operate at this time?

I do not wish to plan my trip thinking that I can follow the suggestions on this website (very thankful for all the information on this website!) and plan my own trip on Nov 2nd only to find out when I’m in Switzerland that the mountain closes to tourists for some reason. Maybe a silly question but every avenue I try ends with no tour available. As a single traveler I would have preferred joining a tour so I don’t have to worry about the details (all a bit overwhelming when you don’t know the country), but I will go it alone if I have to so I don’t miss this spectacular opportunity.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 October 2016 at 14:19:53 #856581

Hi Ella07, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can do this trip on your own all year round, except in rare circumstances when it might close due to extreme weather conditions. Guided tours are subject to availability and are listed on our Jungfraujoch page. I can’t find a tour from Interlaken either, but the one from Zurich is available on November 2: http://www.viator.com/tours/Z urich/Jungfraujoch-Top-of-Europe-Day-Trip-from-Zurich/d577-2460JUNG.

Ella07
    Participant
    2 posts
    16 October 2016 at 14:28:57 #856582

Arno – thank you so much for your help! I am happy to know that I will not miss seeing Jungfraujoch. PS – your website is AWESOME!!! Anyone planning a trip to Switzerland should start here!! :)))

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 October 2016 at 5:14:11 #856583

Thanks for your nice words Ella07 🙂

• The thread ‘Dates train to Jungfraujoch closed to tourists?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.