No rooms in Lucerne, day trips from Zurich instead

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2016 at 21:51:39 #809590

Dear Team,

GREETINGS !!!

As mentioned in my earlier post (thread closed) we shall be arriving in Zurich on 27 July. As of now the hotel is booked in Zurich. Trying for a change of hotel in Luzerne.. but rooms are not available for the required period.

Now with Zurich as our base please let me know if the following itinerary is doable and get back to zurich same evening .

• Mount Titlis
    • Mount Pilatus or Rigi
    • Jungfrau peak.( subject to weather conditions)
    • Cailler’s chocolate factory visit .
    • Lake cruise .(which one do you suggest)
    • Golden pass train.
    • Geneva

1. Also need information about travelling with luggage from airport to our hotel. How to get the airport shuttle to the hotel. I did not find any relevant information on the site. We will be staying at Renaissance tower hotel. Is it convenient to travel by train or by taxi with luggage.

2. Also would be grateful if you could suggest places to visit while in Zurich.

We plan to take the 8 day swiss travel pass .

Days of stay is from 27 july till 3 August.

3. Will the tourist attraction places in Switzerland be open on saturdays and sundays?

4. Will there be any special events on the Swiss National day on August 1.

Kindly let me know.

Thank you

Warm regards

Geeta

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    1 July 2016 at 23:49:19 #853710

Hotel des Alpes has rooms, for two at least. For all but odf those 2 days. Telephone them.

How many are traveling?

Slowpoke

Arno
    15482 posts
    2 July 2016 at 4:02:05 #853711

Lucerne is a better base, and there are still rooms for your dates: http://www.hotelscombined.com /Place/Lucerne.htm. Geneva is too far away for a day trip I would say, and Jungfraujoch takes a long day on trains as well. There’s a lot to see closer to Lucerne.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2016 at 7:12:18 #853712

Dear Arno and Slowpoke

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPER QUICK RESPONSE.

Well we are 3 adults and two kids aged 11 and 7 (at the time of check in).since we are a hotel loyalty group members, trying for thier property either at Luzerne or Zurich as we will be using our points

kindly guide us through the plan i have mentioned above.

kind regards

Geeta

Arno
    15482 posts
    2 July 2016 at 7:49:43 #853713

Hi Geeta,

You’re welcome! Well, some of your trips will be very long, but it’s up to you whether that’s fine or not. As for your other questions:

1. Your hotel is at walking distance from the train stop Zürich Hardbrücke. So it’s easy to reach if you can handle your luggage yourself. The timetable provides all details, also if you would pick a hotel in Lucerne. Airport shuttle services are listed here: myswissalps.com/airpor ts/zurich.

2. myswissalps.com/ zurich/ activities

3. Yes, absolutely.

4. Yes, parades, fireworks, etc. It differs per town.

Please see myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price for Swiss Travel Pass purchase options. You can print it at home to skip waiting for a ticket office. You can best order a week before your trip, or earlier.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2016 at 16:29:07 #853714

Dear Arno and Slowpoke,

Thank you very much for the feedback. i shall review the links attached and if i need guidance at any point will get in touch with you.k

Appreciate the service you guys are giving to travellers especially to first time travellers like us.

Thank you and take care

Regards

Geeta

• The thread ‘No rooms in Lucerne, day trips from Zurich instead’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.