Debbie

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2015 at 4:14:58 #807031

Hello I was wonder if you could advise the best pass to use. We were unsure if we need either the Bernese Oberland or the Tell Pass. Flying into Zurick we have 3 days in Lucerne, 1 day in Berne, 1 day in Thun, 4 days in Meirigen. Then we return to Zurick. We hope to do a lot of hiking. We would also like to include Rigi and Mount Titilis and possibly a morning trip to Jungraujoch. Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    29 March 2015 at 9:58:40 #842228

Hi debbiek,

The Tell-Pass covers the Central Switzerland region, and the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland covers the Bernese Oberland region. Since you’ll travel in both region, you don’t need one of these passes. You either need both of them, or a pass that covers the whole of Switzerland, like the Swiss Travel Pass. Please see the links for all pass information, including maps of what’s included.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2015 at 10:42:44 #842229

Hi Thank you Annika for your response. I am sorry I am confused because when I look at the maps for the Tell Pass and Bernese Oberland pass they both seem to have Lucere, Titilis, Meirigen and Interlarken on them. We have friends who can transport us to Berne and Thun so we will not need a pass. Do both of these passes offer most cables and cog trains free? Thank you.

Annika
    7121 posts
    29 March 2015 at 11:40:39 #842230

Hi debbiek,

The covered areas do overlap. You’ll have to look at the details and see how that lines up with your plans. For example, the Bernese Oberland Pass covers the train to Lucerne, but not much else: the train to Engelberg and the cable car to Titlis are discounted by 50%, but Pilatus, Rigi, the lake boats, etc. are not included at all. The Tell-Pass on the other hand does include the trains to Interlaken and Meiringen, plus one cable car from Meiringen and one cogwheel train from Brienz, but that’s it: the boats from Interlaken and Thun are not included, nor is transportation into the Jungfrau region or buses up the Grimsel and Susten Pass.

One these passes may fit your plans, but you first need to have a detailed list of all the day trips you plan to make. Then follow these instructions to find out which pass is the best choice.

Hopefully this helps you out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2015 at 12:47:52 #842231

Thank you

• The thread ‘Debbie’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.