Delivery of Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2016 at 22:56:56 #809703

1. Can I purchase the Half Fare Card online, and is it sent to me in the US or can I print it out? We are leaving on July 27th and I want to see if we can just print versus sending out. If I cannot print out, what is the expedited shipping costs, time frame and procedures?

2. I was reading on previous posts that it can take up to 3 business days to process a request before it can be printed…is this correct?

3. Just wanted to confirm that the Half Fare Card is the only card that needs to be purchased, as well as the individual tickets per trip.

4. Also, does the Half Fare Card need to be validated at the Zurich Airport Train Station before we use?

Many thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    18 July 2016 at 5:39:31 #854279

Hi lenchwx, welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. You’ll find all options here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/price.

2. Yes, correct. You can order through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en.

3. Yes, correct.

4. No, once printed, it is ready to use.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2016 at 13:21:28 #854280

Thank you Annika for the quick reply!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2016 at 15:23:25 #854281

I ordered online last week from Boston MA and within 48 hours received an email with the PDF files attached along with instructions for use including this “ You don`t need to validate your ticket. You can directly use it after your arrival in Switzerland.” There were several purchase options on the site but Swissrailways appeared to be the only option online purchase and print.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 July 2016 at 17:57:53 #854282

Good to hear it all worked fine for you, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

• The thread ‘Delivery of Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.