Delivery time Swiss Half Fare Card to Philipines

• engrmartie31
    Participant
    6 posts
    18 April 2017 at 7:27:24 #811443

Hello Everyone,

I am travelling to Switzerland from Philippines this May 4 until June 4 and I still don’t have a Half Fare Card for my train travel. I would like to buy the card online but there is a notice that says on Delivery Information “We will send out the documents as soon as possible, at the latest 2 till 3 weeks prior to your departure”. I am afraid that it wont delivered on time before i leave.

Are there ways to get s Half Fare Card? Can I buy it in Zurich Airport? I’m worried I can’t avail the Half Fare.

Thanks,

engrmartie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2017 at 9:48:15 #861726

Hi engrmartie,

What online retailer are you trying to buy it from? Have a look here, these retailers should be able to send you the ticket online to print at home.

You can also buy it at the Zurich airport or any manned SBB rail office in Switzerland.

Best regards,
    Lucas

engrmartie31
    Participant
    6 posts
    18 April 2017 at 12:58:10 #861727

Hello there.

Thank you for your fast response.

I would like to know if I purchased the card online and print the ticket at home, should I exchanged it to a card when I arrived in Switzerland or Zurich airport? How can I replace it? Can it be?

thanks,

Martin

engrmartie31
    Participant
    6 posts
    18 April 2017 at 13:04:03 #861728

Can a swiss citizen living abroad but still not a residence back in Switzerland and will travel to Switzerland for a month avail a Half Fare Card? Coz we were reading and it says that Half Fare Card are of visitors only.

thanks

martin

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2017 at 16:19:00 #861729

Hi Martin,

The ticket is ready to go once you print it at home – no need to exchange it when you get here.

The Swiss Half Fare Card (tourists) and Half-Fare travelcard (residents) are virtually identical. You need a non-Swiss passport to be able to use the Swiss Half Fare Card. In any case either card will work for you to get 50% off most train routes.

Lucas

engrmartie31
    Participant
    6 posts
    22 April 2017 at 2:51:31 #861730

Hello there Lucas,

I’m holding a dual passport, Philippines & Switzerland. I’m travelling to Switzerland for a month but I’ll be using my swiss passport to enter Switzerland. Can I buy the Half Fare Card (120CHF) or I should buy the 185ChF?

as you’ve said that I need a non-Swiss passport to be able to use the Swiss Half Fare Card. I want to buy the Half Fare Card of 120CHF since I’ll be only a month.

Hope to be clarified.

Thanks,

Martin

Arno
    15483 posts
    22 April 2017 at 11:29:11 #861731

Hi Martin,

Do you mean you have two separate passports? If so, you can use the Filipino passport to travel with the Swiss Half Fare Card. Enter the number of that passport when ordering the Swiss Half Fare Card through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the card within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home.

engrmartie31
    Participant
    6 posts
    22 April 2017 at 12:53:55 #861732

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, i have two passports but will be using my Swiss passport to enter switzerland and stay for a month only.

Arno
    15483 posts
    22 April 2017 at 12:59:09 #861733

That’s no problem. The Swiss Half Fare Card is not relevant for flying into Switzerland. It will only be checked on the trains. Just bring both passports and use the Filipino one for the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Have a wonderful trip!

engrmartie31
    Participant
    6 posts
    23 April 2017 at 11:56:40 #861734

Thank you so clarification.

Another question, can i transfer the pdf ticket to SBB mobile app? So I don’t need to print the ticket?

Martin

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 16:28:00 #861735

Hi MArtin,

No you can’t unfortunately. You will have to print the ticket out and use that for your trip.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Delivery time Swiss Half Fare Card to Philipines’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.