Difference in tickets for Swiss travel pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2015 at 16:22:47 #806966

what Swiss travel pass do you recommend and the main differences in the different tickets offered? Can this ticket be used for the train between Lucerna and Interlaken? Also when I put in the cart my ticket; the ticket for my son who is 14 years old does not show free?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 March 2015 at 18:01:15 #841975

Hi adalina1203,

Welcome to our website! Can you rephrase your question please? I am not sure what you’re asking. The Swiss Travel Pass is explained in detail on myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass. Prices, discounts, how it works, what’s covered (download the map please) can all be found there.

I’m not sure what you mean by “tickets”. If you have a Swiss Travel Pass, you can simply board the trains and there’s no need to buy tickets. That goes for Lucerne to Interlaken too.

Regarding the cart: which website are you referring to? The resellers are listed on myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/price. I suppose it’s one of those sites?

Please clarify and I’ll be happy to help!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2015 at 18:22:28 #841976

I want your recommendation on the best ticket to buy from the options available. Also I’m an adult with a child that is 14 years old; when I try to buy my ticket and add my son; his ticket does not show free. I also need to find out if this ticket can be use to take a train between Lucerne and Interlake?

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 March 2015 at 18:46:37 #841977

Hi adalina1203,

I’m sorry, but I really need more details in order to help you out. Do you mean the Swiss Travel Pass when you say “the ticket”? What are your travel plans (town to town, day trips)? That will determine whether the Swiss Travel Pass or another pass is the best choice. Please see this page for a detailed instruction on how to choose the cheapest pass.

Also I need to know where you are trying to buy your pass. We don’t sell passes. Which website do you mean? Is it http://www.raileurope.com?

• The thread ‘Difference in tickets for Swiss travel pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.