Discount rate to Mt Titlis with Eurail Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2017 at 2:45:56 #811823

Hi MySwissalps teams.. my name is Rosita from Malaysia plan to visit your beautiful country in December n 1 of my plan is going up to Mt Titlis…my question is how much the discount rate for eurail passes? I saw in your website is is 50% but when i look at titlis.ch it say only 25%? Which one is correct?

And my other question is there is 3 cable car to reach the top… do i have to buy seperate ticket for each one or just one for 3 cable car?

And my last question is do i have enought time to go n back in one day from Gampelen?

tq so much

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 May 2017 at 18:21:31 #863331

Hi Rosita,

Welcome to MySwissAlps, and thank you for letting us know about this. Apparently this has changed but the Eurail website and documentation do not mention this discount at all. I checked and indeed the discount is 25% according to the Titlis website and the Eurail app. I corrected our page with pass benefits: myswissalps.com/ eurailselectpass/ validity.

Thanks again and enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2017 at 1:29:30 #863332

Hi Arno tq for reply i appreciate it so much but u didn’t answer 2 more my questions…😊😊😊 u might miss it….

and also have another question… what about cable car to Matterhorn? do it have discount if using eurail?

tq

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2017 at 6:06:28 #863333

Hi Rosita,

You can buy one ticket to get all the way to the top of Mt. Titlis. It looks to be close to 4 hours one way from Gampelen to the top – so its a very long day for you. Search for train schedules around Switzerland here.

In Zermatt, you can take a train on Gornergrat (no discount with Eurail passes) or a cable car to Klein Matterhorn/Glacier Paradise (no discount with Eurail passes).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2017 at 6:29:14 #863334

Hi Lucas tq for all the info its been so helpful…

• The thread ‘Discount rate to Mt Titlis with Eurail Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.