Discounts on Eurail and Interrail passes

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2016 at 22:57:20 #856297

Thank you for the information 😊

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 October 2016 at 10:14:39 #856298

You’re welcome! This promotion is now available on various other websites as well, so I added those to my post.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 October 2016 at 13:28:04 #856299

Ok, I have another question. We are traveling from Amsterdam to three countries ( Paris, Lauterbrunnen, Venice and Rome)and staying 3 to 4 days in each, I think the Eurail Select Pass is the way we should go cause it’s flexible, Right?? And since we are leaving from Amsterdam should I just get the three country select pass and just buy a ticket from Amsterdam to Paris and then start the pass in Paris to Switzerland??? And do I need to get any other passes like Swiss pass? Thank you!!

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 October 2016 at 14:06:46 #856300

Well, it depends on your plans in each of those cities whether a Eurail Select Pass is the best choice. If you stay within the cities of Paris, Venice and Rome, a Eurail pass won’t be helpful as you won’t be traveling much, and urban transport like buses and trams are not included. Point to point tickets would likely be cheaper, plus a pass for Switzerland as I’m sure you will travel around there. You can use the Eurail Pass just on your longer transfer days, but be sure to compare prices as point to point tickets can be quite cheap if you book well in advance, and unlike Eurail passes they include seat reservations.

If those cities are just your base and you plan to travel a lot, Eurail is a good option. You’ll have to do the math based on your detailed itinerary.

A Swiss Pass is for Swiss residents only, but the Swiss Travel Pass is certainly an option.

If you have more questions about picking a pass, please post more details in a new thread and we’ll discuss it there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2016 at 2:47:59 #856301

Okay, thanks Arno again for the info.

• The thread ‘Discounts on Eurail and Interrail passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.