Do your homework

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 January 2012 at 12:37:33 #804825

Though I normally hire a car in Geneva when visiting your beautiful country I decided to try the train journey on my last visit ,unfortunately I didn’t do my homework on the platform changes from Geneva to Lauterbrunnen which proved disastrous.My wife and I both in our 70s were dashing as fast as 70 year olds can with 2 large suitcases and a back pack from platform to platform asking the attendants for help at each station.In my ignorance I thought it would be a direct line to Interlaken and a simple matter to get the train to Lauterbrunnen from there.
    This is a warning to all idiots like me ,check the times and the platform numbers it makes the journey so much easier.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 January 2012 at 6:51:14 #834605

Thanks for sharing that hazmel. I’m sorry to hear that your trip was more difficult than it should have been. It’s indeed a good idea to check the timetable to see whether changing trains is necessary.

• The thread ‘Do your homework’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.