Do your homework

Do your homework

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
hazmel
hazmel
21 posts
Jan 2, 2012 - 1:37 PM
Though I normally hire a car in Geneva when visiting your beautiful country I decided to try the train journey on my last visit ,unfortunately I didn't do my homework on the platform changes from Geneva to Lauterbrunnen which proved disastrous.My wife and I both in our 70s were dashing as fast as 70 year olds can with 2 large suitcases and a back pack from platform to platform asking the attendants for help at each station.In my ignorance I thought it would be a direct line to Interlaken and a simple matter to get the train to Lauterbrunnen from there.
This is a warning to all idiots like me ,check the times and the platform numbers it makes the journey so much easier.
Arno
Arno
7342 posts
expert &
Jan 5, 2012 - 6:51 AM
Thanks for sharing that hazmel. I'm sorry to hear that your trip was more difficult than it should have been. It's indeed a good idea to check the timetable to see whether changing trains is necessary.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016