Is PDF from SBB the actual Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2017 at 10:19:21 #812983

Hi,

I have booked swiss travel pass for 2 person from SBB website. Immediately i recieved a pdf.Does this pdf is actual swiss travel pass which i can print it at home Or something else am i supposed to do.

Actually somewhere i had read that usually it takes 3-4 days to get the travel pass over the mail.That is why i got confused as i got mail containing pdf Immediately.

Regards

Deepak

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 August 2017 at 17:27:40 #868451

We just received our passes via Fed Ex yesterday. It took about a week to get them.

Pickergal
    Participant
    88 posts
    17 August 2017 at 2:06:23 #868452

We did the print at home option for the Swiss Travel Pass and it did say the email would take a few days to arrive. We also received the pdf file immediately. I believe this is the actual Swiss Travel Pass. That is what it says on it. It has your names and dates of travel so I think you are good to go.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2017 at 2:21:33 #868453

Hi Deepak,

If what you received as a PDF looks like the picture below, it is the actual Swiss Travel Pass that you can print at home.

tinyurl.com/y8zctct3

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2017 at 2:39:37 #868454

Hi Alpenrose,

PDF i received is same as in picture shared by you, which means it is actual Swiss Travel Pass.

You are of great help!

Thanks

Deepak

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2017 at 5:44:26 #868455

Dear Deepak,

Just wanted to check if you bought it from the sbb website directly.

Also any idea about veg food options in lucerne and zurich you might know.

Regards,

Amar.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 August 2017 at 6:05:04 #868456

Hi all,

The SBB tourist webshop at http://www.swissrailways.com/ en allows you to buy the Swiss Travel Pass and have it e-mailed or physically shipped. E-mail is the preferred way: it will get you a PDF with the actual pass, and all details like passport numbers, names etc. already on it. All you have to do it print it. In order to get this version of the pass, you’ll have to pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list of delivery options. They’ll show that list after filling out your address.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2017 at 9:20:12 #868457

Hi Amar,

I have bought Swiss Travel Pass from sbb website directly. I tried on happyrail.com as well, but they were charging 1.8% extra on my mastercard. That is the reason i went with sbb because they were not charging anything extra.

As Arno suggested, for tourist recommended website is http://www.swissrailways.com.

And regarding veg food option: This will be my first switzerland trip. I don’t have any idea. For stay we have booked by airbnb, primarily for self cooking point of view.

For planning and any doubt clarification, this website has been of great help: very easy and systematic to go through, very meaningful informative and very very helpful people.

Regards

Deepak

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2017 at 14:14:37 #868458

Deepak ,

Thanks.

• The thread ‘Is PDF from SBB the actual Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.