Dog sledding near Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2017 at 19:36:59 #810828

We have been staying in Interlaken for a week & leave for Basel tomorrow.

We have been let down by 2 dog sled companys not replying to emails & now we have no dog sled or similar activity for our final day : ( such a disappointing end to a lovely holiday.

can anyone recommend a decent reputable dog sled company we could try last minute please?

or any suggestions for an alternative fun activity – my 78yr old mother needs to be able to do it too!

any ideas very welcome.

thankyou

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    16 February 2017 at 20:20:09 #859060

Hi Jenbob, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Dog sledding is really rare in Switzerland. Arranging for that last minute is close to impossible I’m afraid. You can ask the local tourist office. There have been several discussions about it, like this one.

I’m not sure what you have done already and what your mother’s capabilities are. I’d suggest to take a look at our Jungfrau region page for ideas. A short walk in the snow would be wonderful.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2017 at 21:18:02 #859061

Thank you for your kind response Arno. We made the initial enquiries a while ago in England but neither operator finalised arrangements even when our hotel rang them for us this week they said they’d call back with confirmation but haven’t.

We have already done Schilthorn and First which were both wonderful.

There is snow forecast on Jungfraujoch I believe tomorrow and as we haven’t seen any snowfall we wondered if any where in the foothills or on route might be worth a visit as we don’t have time now to go to the top.

thank you again for your help & advice

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 8:58:27 #859062

Hi Jenbob,

If you don’t have time to visit the mountains on your trip I don’t think we will have any luck getting you into some snow. I’m not aware of smaller hills on your trip that would be a quick/easy visit on en-route to Basel.

Perhaps a stop in Bern would be enjoyable on your way to Basel?

Lucas

• The thread ‘Dog sledding near Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.