Doubts: Tickets to Mount Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 December 2013 at 13:33:42 #806205

Hello,

I’m planning my ride to Mount Titlis in December.
    I will get to Basel, and after the visit to Mount Titlis will go to Zurich. Unfortunately it will be a quick visit.
    I would like to know if I can buy ticket from Basel SBB to the top of Mount Titlis ( through http://www.sbb.ch site )? Or, if I have to buy a ticket from Basel to Engelberg, and then buy the ticket to the top of Mount Titlis?

I appreciate your help and support.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    2 December 2013 at 14:13:27 #839347

Hi escossia! You could buy your ticket to the Titlis in advance, but I’d advice against it. It’s a waste of your money to get up if the Titlis is covered by clouds. So you’d best check weather forecasts shortly before leaving, head for the valley station of the Titlis in Engelberg, check the monitors displaying the views on the top there and then decide whether you want to go up. You can buy your ticket on the spot.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 December 2013 at 14:38:03 #839348

[quote]Annika said: Hi escossia! You could buy your ticket to the Titlis in advance, but I’d advice against it. It’s a waste of your money to get up if the Titlis is covered by clouds. So you’d best check weather forecasts shortly before leaving, head for the valley station of the Titlis in Engelberg, check the monitors displaying the views on the top there and then decide whether you want to go up. You can buy your ticket on the spot.[/quote]

Hi Annika
    I really appreciate it.
    Surely I’ll follow your advice.
    Thank you very much!

Cheers

• The thread ‘Doubts: Tickets to Mount Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.