Drive to waterfalls/beauty spots from Stechelberg

• offside
    Participant
    4 posts
    15 August 2016 at 21:38:41 #809892

Hi,

I am staying in Stechelberg for 5 days , we have 4 days of walking planned but for the last day are they any waterfalls such as the reichenbach falls within one hours drive from Stechelberg. Any beauty spot would be of interest.

Also we are planning to go to Interlaken for a early evening visit could you recommend any bars/eating places to visit but we are on a budget.

Regards

Offside

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

CFRoggi58
    Participant
    1 post
    16 August 2016 at 19:14:30 #855167

Hi,

Then you can best go to the Trümmelbach waterfalls in the place Lauterbrunnen.

It is a short way to go from Stechelberg to Lauterbrunnen, it is just 9,8 km.

I have been there with my family two weeks ago and I must say it is the place to visit.

Regards.

Annika
    7121 posts
    17 August 2016 at 9:49:29 #855168

Hi Offside,

The Trümmelbach Falls near Lauterbrunnen can be recommended indeed. The Trümmelbach falls right near Stechelberg are a great bad weather alternative. Other than that you may consider the Reichenbach Falls, the Aare Gorge or the Grindelwald gorge. If you don’t mind a longer car trip, the remote Kander valley near Kandersteg is very pretty too, but you’ll have to do some walking to get there.

• The thread ‘Drive to waterfalls/beauty spots from Stechelberg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.