Easiest way to Jungfrau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2012 at 12:10:31 #805145

I’m going from Lauterbrunnen to Gimmewald. I can go thru Murren or Stechelberg. However, I like to go to Jungfrau. What would be the best and easiest place to leave from to get to Jungfrau, is it from Murren or Stechelberg?
    Thanks,

Rima

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    21 April 2012 at 14:22:33 #835694

Hello rima,

I would say that it’s a bit shorter to travel from Stechelberg. From there you can take a bus to Lauterbrunnen, then a train to Kleine Scheidegg via Wengen, from where the train to Jungfraujoch will depart.
    Please check the Swiss Timetable for more information.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2012 at 14:40:11 #835695

Thanks Olga for the quick response.
    Another question, if I had a choice to visit either Murren or Stechelberg, which one would you recommend?

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    21 April 2012 at 14:49:15 #835696

Hello rima,

Well, that’s an easy one: Mürren, without any doubt! Mürren is situated higher and has beautiful views, Stechelberg is at the end of the Lauterbrunnen Valley. Also beautiful, but lower situated.

🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2012 at 12:28:50 #835697

Thank you again Olga.
    I hope you don’t mind me taking advantage of your amazing source of knowledge and asking your final advice on my semi-final plans:
    I’m ariving on 5/17 to Basel and taking the train to Interlaken where I will spend a night there and visit Lake Brienz before I continue to Lauterbrunnen. There I will also spend a night and visit Trummelback and other waterfalls. I will continue to Murren and spend a couple of days there, one of which I’ll go hiking in Gummewald, and the other day I will go Jungfraujoch.
    I will then return to Basel to fly out.
    Any additional suggestions?
    Also, would you know the fastest route to get back from Murren to Basel? Is it the same route I came in but in reverse?
    Thanks in advance,

Rima

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    22 April 2012 at 15:03:22 #835698

Hello Rima,

As for your last question: you can check the Swiss Timetable and look for possibilities.
    Yes, there are more suggestions: please look at the hiking tips and day trips – it may give you an idea of what you can do. Always too much, I know…

(Thanks for the compliment, this year I will pay my 30th visit to Switzerland ;-)! And to tell you the truth: never a dull moment!)

I hope this helps! Have a nice trip,

• The thread ‘Easiest way to Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.