Easter Break in Engelberg

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 December 2011 at 9:52:43 #804792

Hi,

This is a great forum and I am impressed with everything. We are planning to spend Easter in Switzerland. There are Six Adults and two child (under age of 4) of us.

We are planning to sepnd time in Titlis/Lucerne and Zurich over four day trip. We will be flying to Zurich Airport. Initially We booked 9 seater car thinking that would help us with mobility specially with kids but now reconsidering it as we will end up paying quite a lot if we plan to go to titlis two days out of 4.

Day 1 Zurich to engelberg – Titlis
    Day 2 Titlis
    Day 3 Lucerne/Lake Briez etc.
    Day 4 Zurich

We were thinking of booking two apaprtments in Engelberg but now after reading feedback on this forum it sounds to me that it will be cheaper and better to cancel the Car, book accomodation near Zurich airport and keep the same day trip.

Can you please advise ?

Thanks.

Regards,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    9 December 2011 at 8:45:13 #834521

Hi niravnpandya. Considering your plans, I’d say that Lucerne would be your best base for at least day 2 and 3 of your trip. It’s easily accessible from Zurich (trips can be found through the timetable) and has good connections to both Titlis and Lake Brienz. You could choose to spend the other two nights, or the last night, in a hotel in Zurich.

Swiss public transportation works great, so I’d personally prefer it over using a car. A rail pass will help you to further reduce the costs. With one of the Swiss Travel System passes, the children will travel along for free. The Swiss Half Fare Card may work best in your case.

I hope this helps you out!

• The thread ‘Easter Break in Engelberg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.