Easy walks above Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2013 at 22:34:55 #805836

I will be in Lauterbrunnen in September, and am interested in scenic but not too strenuous walks and/or hikes above Lauterbrunnen. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I will be with my 20-something son, but I am in my mid-50’s. I want my son to have fun and see the sights, but I don’t want to die in the process!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    7 March 2013 at 3:08:52 #838199

Hello STLtraveler,

I think your goal of surviving some hiking around Lauterbrunnen is realistic 😉 Physical fitness is more important than age when it comes to hiking. You’ll see many seniors (65+) hiking in Switzerland. You can take a look at this list of trails, and here are some specific suggestions:

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2013 at 9:06:21 #838200

Thanks for the response. I survived the Mannlichen-Kleine Scheiddeg walk before, but that was over 30 years ago!

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    7 March 2013 at 9:57:32 #838201

And you will survive it again. It’s really not so hard… I do not belong to the senior group Arno mentioned yet, but I’m getting close, and this hike is really doable. With stunning views as a present!

🙂

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    7 March 2013 at 12:36:15 #838202

Another super easy, survivable walk is the Flower Trail. Take the Allemendhubel lift up from Mürren. It’s a very pretty 20 – 30 minute look walk. There are two longer but also easy walks from same starting point, about 1.5 – 2 hours. Stunning views. http://www.schilthorn.ch/en/hiking/theme-trails/

• The thread ‘Easy walks above Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.