Electric scooter hire for disabled friend?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2012 at 8:41:47 #805232

My husband and I go to Wengen every summer and rent a chalet that is about a 15 minute walk out of town. We have a good friend who had polio as a child and gets around with the use of one of those small, three-wheeled electric scooters. She would love to visit us in Wengen but can’t bring her own scooter on the plane from the USA.

Do you know of any place in the Wengen area (InterlakenBern?) where one could rent one of these scooters? I have seen a couple of them around Wengen, but they are for the use of elderly or disabled local residents.

Any information will be appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    13 May 2012 at 5:51:28 #835988

Hello Carol! To be honest with you, I don’t know whether scooter hire is possible. I suggest you contact MIS, a specialized travel office for people with a handicap, and Wengen Tourism. I think they’re able to answer your question, and I certainly hope that you and your friend can enjoy your stay in Wengen!

• The thread ‘Electric scooter hire for disabled friend?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.