Eurail Global Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2011 at 10:41:58 #804256

hi..im from malaysia and ill be travelling around europe in a couple of weeks more.so of course, one of my stops would be the beautiful switzerland!..im a student(girl, 23 y.o) so ill be quite on a tight budget..ill be purchasing the eurail global pass youth..here’s my itinerary for switzerland (i wont be staying long..just 3 days but i want to get the best out of it!..:-))

23/5 to lucern from paris (it will take around 5 hours to get there from paris right?)..im still thinking of whether to go the 22nd to swiss..
    22/5 plan to go on top of mount titlis
    23/5 to lauterbrunnen

questions:
    1. can i use my global pass on swiss train to go anywhere within switzerland and not have to make any additional payment or do i have to purchase swiss rail passes?

2. can i get discounts to go up to mount titlis with my eurail pass?

3.usually, is there still snow on top of mount titlis at the end of may? – really wanna see snow!..where i come from, there’s only rain or sun..

4. any other places that you reckon i should go? not the city though like zurich or geneva..i love looking at the villages, mountains & beautiful sceneries u have there.. and ill be staying in lucerne.

thanx a lot for your help!..:-)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2011 at 12:43:20 #832685

p.s: on the night of 23rd, ill be taking the night train to venice..

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 May 2011 at 8:17:03 #832686

Hi bee171,

For exact traveling times, you can best check the timetable. As for your other questions:
    1 & 2. Most trains are covered. Most mountain transportation is not covered, but some are discounted, including the Titlis. Please check the Eurail Global Pass page for details.
    3. Yes, there should be snow at the end of May (no guarantees of course). Today, there’s 3 meters of snow on the Titlis. You could check a live webcam before you go, just to make sure.
    4. Rigi and Pilatus are close to Lucerne and discounted with your Eurail Global Pass. I would recommend to take the cog train up either one of them. A boat trip on Lake Lucerne would be good as well, and free with your pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2011 at 8:43:18 #832687

Thank you very much for your reply Arno..:-)) really looking forward to my trip!..:-)) i shall contact u for any further enquiries!..:-)

• The thread ‘Eurail Global Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.