Eurail Global Pass or Swiss rail pass?

• dmorgan02
    Participant
    2 posts
    23 April 2016 at 18:23:05 #808992

My wife and I will be travelling in Europe for 3 weeks in August 2016. The last 5 days we will be staying in Lauterbrunnen for 4 nights and enjoying the scenery, hiking over to Murren and possibly the Schilthorn. I had planned to purchase a Eurail Global Pass, but am not clear if the Eurail pass covers the train trip from Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen or other Gondola trips. We may take a few day trips to Interlaken or other small towns using Lauterbrunnen as a base, and finally will travel to Lausanne for 1 day before flying out from Geneva. I am looking for advice on which pass to get – use Global for full trip, or Global for first 15 days and then purchase a separate Swiss Pass (and which one as there are a lot) for the last 5 days.

Thanks for your assistance or advice!

• The thread ‘Eurail Global Pass or Swiss rail pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.