Eurail or Swiss Travel Pass Prague,Salzburg,Zurich

• kargee
    Participant
    25 posts
    6 April 2016 at 23:38:39 #808827

Hi,

I would like to seek for advices on selecting a Pass.

I plan to have a trip to 3 of the European countries in late July to early August. The following is my current plan.

• 2 days in Prague
    • 2 days in Salzburg
    • 8 days in Switzerland (will be travelling around the country, including most major cities)

As I am now planning ahead, I am not sure if I should get a 3-country Eurail pass OR point-to-point tickets from Prague – Salzburg and Salzburg to Zurich , and the rest in Switzerland I will get a Swiss Travel Pass instead.

As Eurail pass doesn’t give free public transportation in both Prague and Salzburg, I am considering the Pass just because of the border crossing routes. And Eurail Pass does not have free admission to museums, I am wondering if it’s better to get the Swiss Travel Pass in Switzerland and point-to-point for the two cross-country routes.

Appreciate for any feedback/advice.

• The thread ‘Eurail or Swiss Travel Pass Prague,Salzburg,Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.