Eurail pass or Swiss Pass for 6 days in Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2016 at 15:22:02 #810118

Hi,

I am landing at Zurich on 29th of September and will be directly heading out to Interlaken. Will be based in Interlaken from 29th Sep to 4th Oct ( 6 days and 5 nights )and intend to visit Mt. Titlis, Mt. Pilatus, Jungfraunch and Lucerne. On 4th October, I intend to go from Interlaken to Paris by train and catch a flight back. I will be accompanied by my wife (35 years) and 2 children (7yrs and 2 yrs).

I am confused whether to take the 2 country Eurail pass for 6 days or the swiss pass for 8 days (with the swiss pass I will need to buy a point to point train ticket from Basel to Paris). While Eurail is cheaper than swiss pass, I have read that there are discounts on other transport forms on swiss pass that Eurail doesn’t provide. Given the itinerary as below, request your guidance please. thank you so much in advance

29th Sep: Zurich to Interlaken and stay at Interlaken

30th Sep: Interlaken to Jungfrauch & Grindlewald and back

1st Oct: Interlaken to Mt Titlis and Back

2nd Oct: Interlaken to Lucerne and back

3rd Oct: Interlaken to Pilatus and back

4th Oct: Interlaken to Paris

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 September 2016 at 16:54:32 #856046

Hi mayankgupta, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Please note that you do not need a Swiss Pass. That’s an electronic card for Swiss residents. You may need the Swiss Travel Pass, which is a different product for tourists.

From the top of my mind you will get less discount on the Pilatus and Jungfraujoch trips if you choose the Eurail Select Pass instead of the Swiss Travel Pass. The Swiss Travel Pass also includes many museums, which may come in handy on October 2.

You can best take a look at these pages, and download the maps, to make an informed choice:

In any case, don’t wait to long with buying Basel to Paris tickets. They get more expensive over time, and your travel date is near: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/france/ price. The sites listed on that page can also sell you just the seat reservation in case you have a Eurail pass.

You can print the Swiss Travel Pass at home (no shipping fee): myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price. It takes a few business days to receive the e-mail.

• The thread ‘Eurail pass or Swiss Pass for 6 days in Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.