Eurail passes valid in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 6:10:08 #811645

Hi Annilka

Pl assist me to decide which train pass to buy as I will be traveling from Milan Italy to Lucerne Switzerland and Interlaken /Grinselwald (jungfrau)for 4 nights and back to Italy to travel in Venice, Rome and Florence for 6 days

Brgds

Ayan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 7:57:11 #862655

Hi Ayan,

I would take a good look at the Regional Pass – Bernese Oberland. It will cover (or mostly cover) Luzern, Jungfrau, Interlaken and Grindelwald. You will just need tickets from Milan to Brig (then the pass will cover you to Luzern) and then Brig again to Venice.

You may want to also look at the Eurail Select Pass for Switzerland and Italy that will cover a lot of your routes as well.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 9:24:56 #862656

Thnx a ton Lucas for the information..pl let me know whether I need to buy extra ticket for Jungfrau and Mt.Titlis excursion from Lucerne and Grindelwald

Brgds

Ayan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 11:02:43 #862657

Have a look at the links for the passes I have in my above post. Click the Where It’s Valid tab and it will show you if the trip is covered or if you have to buy a ticket for a portion of the trip and what the discount is.

In both cases you must buy an extra ticket, it will be less expensive with The Regional Pass – Bernese Oberland.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Eurail passes valid in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.