Eurail passes validity for Jaungfrau and Titlis

Eurail passes validity for Jaungfrau and Titlis

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
amanggupta
amanggupta
1 post
Apr 16, 2016 - 6:03 AM

Hi All,

I have a first class Eurail Global pass for 15 days with unlimited train travel. On my Switzerland visit I will definitely like to visit Jaungrau summit. I understand that I'm entitled for 25% off while taking train to Jaungrau region.

I will be starting my trip from Interlaken area and understand that I will have to take 3 trains to reach top of Jaungfrau i.e.

1. Interlaken Ost - Grindelwald

2. Grindelwald - Kl. Scheidegg

3. Kl. Scheidegg - Jungfraujoch

I want to know which of the above legs will be covered for free under my Eurail pass and for which legs I will have to buy separate tickets at discount.

Prices to Jaungfrauch from each of the stations varies highly. non-discounted return journey from:

1. Interlaken - 218 CHF

2. Grindelwad - 184 CHF

3. Kl. Scheidegg - 124 CHF

This information will be highly useful for me while planning my budget.

I have similar question for Mt. Titlis. I suppose Eurail pass will cover train tickets till Engelberg. Will Eurail cover anything in journey beyond Engelberg or can I get any discounts on Eurail pass for further journey?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Apr 16, 2016 - 8:59 AM

Welcome amanggupta!

You'll find the answers on our Eurail Global Pass page: myswissalps.com/ eurailglobalpass/ validity.

To summarize:

• You'll get 25% off on the Jungfraujoch trip, none of the legs are free.
  • Indeed you can reach Engelberg for free. From there, the cable car is 50% off.

Have fun!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016