Which train pass and reservations for Europe?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2017 at 10:52:45 #810615

at last we have finalized our tour which starts from AMSTERDAM( 6th of may 2017) and ends from VIENNA (26th of may 2017)our itinerary is as follow

AMSTERDAM – 4 NIGHTS

BRUSSELS – 2 NIGHTS

PARIS – 2 NIGHTS

LAUTERBRUNNEN – 3 NIGHTS

ZERMATT – 2 NIGHTS

ZURICH – 2 NIGHTS

VIENNA – 5 NIGHTS

now please suggest which pass would be more suitable and price saving for me

does these pass also works for LAUTERBRUNNEN / ZERMATT region

please also tell when the booking opens to book reservations for travelling from one country to another

as i would be covering

AMSTERDAM – BRUSSELS

BRUSSELS – PARIS

PARIS – LAUTERBRUNNEN

LAUTERBRUNNEN – ZERMATT

ZERMATT – ZURICH

ZURICH – VIENNA

so please specify me about which pass i should go for

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 January 2017 at 14:18:21 #858212

Hi hindocha,

What’s your country of residence? That could make a difference for passes, and I did not see your country in your account.

Reservations can be booked 3 months ahead of time, sometimes 4.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2017 at 16:59:34 #858213

Hi Arno

Thanks for replying

We stay in India

Thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 January 2017 at 18:14:51 #858214

Hi hindocha,

In that case you can look into Eurail passes which basically cover all countries. But be sure to carefully check what exactly is included (see the link and download the pass maps). In Switzerland for example, such passes do not perfectly cover the areas around Lauterbrunnen and Zermatt. Swiss rail passes are better for that purpose.

Basically the best pass depends on all of the details of your trip, so not just town to town transfers, but day trips as well (boat trips, cableways, museums). You can best do the math as explained here. You may conclude that you are better off with a pass for Switzerland, point to point tickets for the other countries, and perhaps a city pass for the larger cities.

In case of point to point tickets, with reservations included, you can take a look here: myswissalps.com/travel /toswitzerland/train/t ickets.

• The thread ‘Which train pass and reservations for Europe?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.