eurorail vs swiss pass

eurorail vs swiss pass

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
dls4118
dls4118
2 posts
Mar 7, 2015 - 2:26 AM

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are planning our trip to switzerland in May. Our itinerary is as follows:

May 9: arrive at geneva airport from jfk, day trip in geneva, train to zermatt.

may 10: zermatt-paragliding via alpine adventures.

May 11: train from zermatt to interlaken. Kayak on lake brienze.

May 12: train to grindelwald-hiking up to first and lake Beauchamp.

May 13: train to lucerne, city walk.

May 14: train to munich and go to garden, train to erding, germany for brew tour.

may 16: the ludwig neushwannin? castle in fussen germany

may 17: train to munich aurport.

Should we do the 2 country eurorail pass or the swiss pass or swiss flexi? What would be our best and cheapest option?

Thanks in advance,

Diana

Arno
Arno
7716 posts
expert &
Mar 7, 2015 - 5:27 PM

Hi Diana,

There is a promotion on the Eurail Germany-Switzerland pass right now: one extra day of traveling if you purchase before April 28. A 6-day pass now includes 7 days, which is the number of travel days you have planned. Since you live in the US, you can get that promo through raileurope.com/germany -switzerland-pass or acprail.com/rail-passes/eurail. Whether this pass is the cheapest option for you can be calculated.

Price wise, a Swiss Half Fare Card for Switzerland, and point to point tickets for Germany may be better. The calculation should help you choose. The Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass Flex are too expensive for your travel plans I would say.

Last modified on Nov 22, 2015 - 6:31 PM by Arno
dls4118
dls4118
2 posts
Mar 7, 2015 - 9:59 PM

Hi Arno,

Thank you so much for your help! It is really appreciated, since we didnt know where to begin with trains. I'm very excited about my first trip to europe!

Best,

Diana

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016