Swiss Family Card for each child?

• Merav
    Participant
    6 posts
    27 July 2016 at 9:38:59 #809766

hello

We are visiting Switzerland next month, a family of 2 parents, 1 teenager and 5 children under 16 years.

We hire a car but i’ve made the calculation and it will save us money for the use of cable cars in the to buy the half fare card and get a free family card. ((thank you for all the great information in Myswissalps!)

What i am not sure is, the family card is one card for all my children? or can each child have a card?

the differnce is,

if my husband go with 2 children to someplace and i go with the rest to another place,

will both of us be able to enjoy the benefits of the card?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 July 2016 at 17:16:36 #854615

Hi Merav,

They used to issue one Swiss Family Card for 5 children, and a second one in case of more children. But I think they issue a Swiss Family Card for each child since print at home passes were introduced. So in that case you can split up as each parent has a Swiss Half Fare Card of his/her own.

To be sure, please order like this: go to the SBB web shop at visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out the travelers and your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. In the Notes field, ask for a separate Swiss Family Card for each child. They will e-mail the cards (no delivery fees), so you can print them at home.

Teens from 16 need a Swiss Half Fare Card of their own, by the way.

Merav
    Participant
    6 posts
    28 July 2016 at 5:50:37 #854616

hI Arno,

thank you very nuch for your help

• The thread ‘Swiss Family Card for each child?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.