Family Card on cog railway

Family Card on cog railway

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
jo1024
jo1024
5 posts
Aug 2, 2011 - 4:06 AM
Hi,

I am planning to take a trip to Schyninge Platte and, possibly, to Jungfraujoch. I have a Swiss Pass + Family Card for my children. I will have 50% and 25% discount discount on these routes , but what about the children? How much is the fee for them on both of these routes, assuming they travel with me?

Regards
mandy
mandy
7 posts
Aug 2, 2011 - 6:18 AM
Hello,

For our family we purchased 1/2 fare cards for two adults (110fr each) and Junior Karte for our two children ( ages 10 &13) (30fr each) and the children travelled for free on all train, buses and even then Jungfrau train. Not sure if this is the same as the Family card but worth asking about at the train station.

Good Luck.

Mandy
jo1024
jo1024
5 posts
Aug 2, 2011 - 6:55 AM
Thanks,

I'll try to ask when I'm at he station.

Sounds reasonably - that children travel for free, if accompanied by their parents who have any Pass or discount card

Regards,
Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Aug 2, 2011 - 8:59 AM
Hi jo1024! With the STS Family Card your children will travel along for free wherever you go, even if a discount instead of free traveling applies for the adults with the Swiss Pass. So there's no need to buy additional Junior Travelcards: just the Family Card will do.

Mandy, thank you for your input! Did you use these Swiss Half Fare Cards? In that case, it wouldn't have been necessary for you to buy Junior Travelcards for your children. The free STS Family Card that can be obtained with STS rail passes, such as the Swiss Half Fare Card, would have been sufficient.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016