family trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2015 at 20:22:56 #807015

I along with my wife and 3 year old daughter planned to travel to switzerland from 7 may 2015 to 10 may 2015.

I wanted to visit mount titlis and mount jungfraujoch and i am planning to make zurich as my base station so can you please suggest me whether i should buy rail pass or not, if yes then which type of rail pass. And apart from these two places what are the other good places that i can see.

Also tell me whether staying in zurich as a base station is good or not.

On 10 may 2015 i will leave for milan.

Thanks & regards

Harekrishna

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 March 2015 at 20:14:30 #842139

Hi Harekrishna,

Zurich is not in the mountains and too far from Jungfraujoch to visit as a day trip. It’s not impossible, but uncomfortable. Interlaken, Brienz and Meiringen are towns to consider for your plans.

A 4-day Swiss Travel Pass seems to make sense, or possibly a Swiss Half Fare Card. Apart from that you will need a point to point ticket from the Swiss border to Milan.

Does this get you started?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2015 at 20:27:56 #842140

Thank you so much for your kind support.It would be a great help for me.

Kindly suggest me what are the other places in zurich and in nearby area that i can visit.

I will land in zurich airport, so how can i reach interlaken from zurich airport. Kindly suggest me

Arno
    15482 posts
    25 March 2015 at 9:32:13 #842141

Hi Harekrishna,

Zurich tips can be found on the Zurich page. All the trains, including Zurich airport to Interlaken, can be found in the timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2015 at 20:22:25 #842142

To prepare your daughter for this trip, I suggest you check out http://geni.us/GTLS.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2015 at 20:27:50 #842143

But i could not able to open this link…

Kindly resend the correct link.

Thanks for your valuable guidance

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2015 at 20:33:32 #842144

I just tried the link and it worked fine. Try this. Go to the Apple iTunes store. Type the title of the book in the search window. The books is – Grammy Takes Logan to Switzerland. You need a Mac or an iPad to read this book.

• The thread ‘family trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.