Sep 2, 2015 - 11:04 AM
Thanks for your compliments!
1. No, children up to 5 travel for free and do not require any ticket. You do need an ID that proves their age.
2. About CHF 130 per adult.
3. Interlaken is located in the valley and a bit city-like, so the views are pretty limited. But if you're in the right spot, and have a south facing room, it's still very nice as you can see as far as the Jungfrau. You'll find hotel suggestions here. I'm glad to provide more specific suggestions. Please let us know your budget.
4. The Glacier Express is indeed not operational during your stay, but all the regular trains on that route still are. But it's not a good idea when based in Interlaken as it's too far away.
5. You don't get a discount on accommodation with a Swiss Travel Pass.
6. That depends on what you intend to do. If it's hiking, please see here. Further tips are on our weather page.
7. Yes, you can. Lucerne takes nearly 2 hours one way, and Zermatt 2 to 2.5 hours.
Last modified on Sep 2, 2015 - 11:05 AM by Arno