Finalise my 4 days trip to Swiss

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2013 at 9:44:49 #806178

Dear all,

I am finalising my 3 days trip to Swiss now

Day 1: Milan – Spiez – Lauterbrunnen (will be reaching Lauterbrunnen afternoon time ard 4pm)

Q1: Just to confirm, that I can buy Swiss Half Fare Card at Spiez station?
    Q2: Is there anything I can see around Lauterbrunnen ard afternoon and evening?

Day 2: Jungfrau trip. Will be going to Jungfrau top mountain

Q3: Based on this link http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/quick-navigation/top-of-europe/fares/ the cost will be 197.60 return?Do I need to buy online or I can just buy on the spot with same price?
    Q4: I read somewhere that we can visit Kleine Scheidegg on my way to Jungfrau top?Is it possible with the ticket that I’m about to buy?
    Q5: I also want to go to Wengen, when and how is the most time effective way to go to Wengen?Before Jungfrau trip or after?

Day 3: Lauterbrunnen – Engelberg (will reach Engelberg ard 12 noon) – Titlis trip
    Q6: Is it still okay to go to Titlis after 12 noon?Or should I take earlier train from Lauterbrunnen?
    Q7: After Titlis trip, is there anything I can see in the evening?

Day 4: Engelberg – Basel (will reach Basel ard 1:30pm) – night train to Amsterdam at 10pm
    Q8: What is the recommended place to see for a short time before my night train?

Misc items:
    Q9: Based on my trip, where can I get new sim card for data plan?
    Q10: I just saw this new companion tickets promotion, is this feasible for my trip?I am going with my wife.

Sorry to have so many question, I am a first timer, so I want to arrange as good as I can.

Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    1 October 2013 at 13:49:58 #839252

Q1: Yes
    Q2: walk up valley towards Stechelberg. Nice views of falls. If time allows, go see Trümmelbach Falls as well (about halfway down the valley floor). Can take bus back to Lauterbrunnen from Trümmelbach or Stechelberg (all the way to the end of the valley)

Day 2: only go up if it is clear, otherwise you will see nothing.

Q3: definitely buy on the spot, only if weather is clear. The price is the same regardless of where you buy. With Half Fare Card you get half off the price.
    Q4 & Q5: you will pass through both Wengen and Kleine Scheidegg on the way up. Depending on the weather, may be better to stop off these two places on the way down. That’s because clouds usually come in during the afternoon and you want to get up top while it is clear.
    Q6 – Q8: will leave to others to answer.
    Q9: data plan usually depends on your carrier, you need to contact them for advice
    Q10: don’t know, worry

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 October 2013 at 14:17:09 #839253

Hi krisyy,

Regarding Q10: which promotion do you mean? Can you please post a link to it?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2013 at 22:29:23 #839254

[quote]kim11 said: Q1: Yes
    Q2: walk up valley towards Stechelberg. Nice views of falls. If time allows, go see Trümmelbach Falls as well (about halfway down the valley floor). Can take bus back to Lauterbrunnen from Trümmelbach or Stechelberg (all the way to the end of the valley)
    Day 2: only go up if it is clear, otherwise you will see nothing.
    Q3: definitely buy on the spot, only if weather is clear. The price is the same regardless of where you buy. With Half Fare Card you get half off the price.
    Q4 & Q5: you will pass through both Wengen and Kleine Scheidegg on the way up. Depending on the weather, may be better to stop off these two places on the way down. That’s because clouds usually come in during the afternoon and you want to get up top while it is clear.
    Q6 – Q8: will leave to others to answer.
    Q9: data plan usually depends on your carrier, you need to contact them for advice
    Q10: don’t know, worry[/quote]

so I will be able to stop on Wengen & Kleine Scheidegg on my way down from Jungfrau?no extra cost?
    and there will be a cctv showing the weather up top at the train station right?if the weather is good, I can just buy the tickets at the train station?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2013 at 22:31:02 #839255

[quote]Arno said: Hi krisyy,
    Regarding Q10: which promotion do you mean? Can you please post a link to it?[/quote]

Hi, this is the link: http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelcards-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/individual-tickets/mitfahrbillett.html?WT.ac=khp0110-bd-hintergrund-en

After I read through it again, I think I can’t use it together with my half fare card, CMIIW

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 October 2013 at 1:29:38 #839256

Hi Krisyy,

The offer you referred to can theoretically be used if you purchase an additional day card, but it does not make sense in your case: you both have a Swiss Half Fare Card so it’s the cheapest option to just buy reduced tickets.

Yes, you can buy a ticket at the train station, and you can break your trip anywhere you want, including Wengen and Kleine Scheidegg. There won’t be extra costs. There are monitors at several stations along the way, and in the morning the view from the top will be on TV as well, along with many other viewing points.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 October 2013 at 2:25:10 #839257

Thanks!

• The thread ‘Finalise my 4 days trip to Swiss’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.