Finding a hotel near St. Moritz train station

• BLINGRAHAM
    Participant
    13 posts
    8 February 2023 at 7:05:17 #829030

I’m beginning the Glacier Express in St Moritz but I’m not sure where the train station is? Is St Moritz Graubuenden the same as St Moritz? I want to find a hotel near the train station. Thank you for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2352 posts
    8 February 2023 at 13:35:57 #950693

Hello BLINGRAHAM,

Yes, St. Moritz, is the same as St. Moritz, Graubünden. Graubünden is the canton where St.Moritz lies. There is only one train station in St.Moritz and its physical address is Plazza de la Staziun, 7500 St. Moritz.

Hotels in St. Moritz can be found here https://www.myswissalps.com/stmoritz/hotels

I hope this helps, feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

BLINGRAHAM
    Participant
    13 posts
    8 February 2023 at 20:01:41 #950694

Thank you so much!

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    8 February 2023 at 21:38:04 #950695

Hi BLINGRAHAM,

There are all sorts of hotels in St Moritz, ranging from very high priced to, well, just high priced. I stayed at a three star hotel just outside the station. About a hundred, (maybe a bit more) meters from the station. It’s perched upon a hill, on the lake front, and it overlooks both the lake and the village. It’s called Hotel Waldhaus am See. Just walk across the street and a little road across the water and it’s right there up the hill. (The entrance is on the left up that hill, then bear right into what would seem to be the back door.) The only problem you may run into is that it is right smack dab, in the middle high season now and you may have trouble booking.

I looked at Booking. com and found two hotels under $1000.00 (US) for 20/Feb/23. One is the one I mentioned and the other is the Soldanella. A bit further into town. As I previously mentioned, it’s both high season And you have a third person. Most hotels will charge for two rooms in that case, unless you find a suite (more expensive) or a chalet. You can look through Trip Advisor, Booking. com, Expedia, etc. Or browse through the link Yolanda attached for this site. I hope this helps, and best of luck with your search and trip.

Regards,

Danielsan

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 February 2023 at 11:32:49 #950696

Thanks for your input Danielsan!

BLINGRAHAM
    Participant
    13 posts
    11 February 2023 at 17:21:10 #950697

Bless you for your help! I booked the hotel you recommended – Waldhaus am See – so we are good there. It looks like since I’m hoping to take a night train from Prague and then return via Vienna/Prague that a Eurail Global Pass makes the most sense and covers the Glacier Express. I found a few overnight trains that go from Prague to Switzerland but I’m not sure the best route to St Moritz. Thank you for your guidance!

BLINGRAHAM
    Participant
    13 posts
    11 February 2023 at 18:41:07 #950698

Also getting from Zermatt to Vienna? Is Geneva the best route, maybe staying overnight in a Geneva so we aren’t on a train so long? Or some other fun connecting area where we can get an overnight to Vienna?

I just learned we are booking overnight train travel too late because they require a paper ticket to be mailed. Hopefully they don’t sell out? I can buy tickets when we get to Prague…

Yolanda
    2352 posts
    12 February 2023 at 15:41:09 #950699

Hello BLINGRAHAM,

For a train journey from Zermatt to Vienna, via Geneva is not the most direct route, you would be adding additional time and a few more train changes. Via Zurich to Vienna would be the more direct route, all up approximately 14 hours 15 minutes. A good idea is use the timetable link and key your locations of choice and this will give you an idea of the routes and timings . This can also help plan your train route, from Prague to St.Moritz.

Of course should you wish to visit Geneva, there is lots to do here, likewise if you opt with the via Zurich route.

Kind regards,

Yolana

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    13 February 2023 at 10:01:07 #950700

Hi BLINGRAHAM,

You’re welcome, I’m glad you were able to book something. It’s a beautiful hotel. (You can see it from almost anywhere in town.) Again, when you leave the station, over the water, bear left up the hill. (The hotel should be straight ahead.) I went right up the hill and to the right, and it’s actually the back of it. (Some nice sitting areas there with a great view of the lake and town.) So bear left and the entrance will be on the right.

As far as you question about Prague, I shall defer to Yolanda’s post. Thank you Yolanda. Only that, yes, Geneva is in the opposite direction from Prague. Again, I hope you have a nice journey through Europe.

Regards,

Danielsan

Kiebry96
    Participant
    1 post
    22 February 2023 at 12:58:17 #950701

Thanks, I was looking for a hotel near Moritz

Anna
    6382 posts
    22 February 2023 at 16:00:49 #950702

Hi Kiebry96,

St Moritz is a fairly small resort. Most hotels are easily accessible from the train station. You can find a list here: http://www.myswissalps.com/stmoritz/hotels

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Finding a hotel near St. Moritz train station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.