Apartment Blumenweg 2 in Engelberg

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2017 at 5:48:40 #812274

hi, is anyone stayed in apartment blumnnweg 2 before? It’s near train station. Anything to do there at night? How’s the scenery there? Is the apartment close to engelberg town?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2017 at 3:26:14 #865147

Hi, I am responding to both your accommodation topics at once.

>> we plan to stay 2 nights in engelberg from 7/12-9/12. We will visit Mt.titlis on 8/12.

Is spannort apartment a good choice?

is anyone stayed in apartment blumnnweg 2 before? It’s near train station.

I’ve never stayed in Engelberg, so I can’t answer from personal experience. Both properties rate very well on booking.com/hotel/ch/a partment-engelberg-engelberg9.en-us.html.

Engelberg is at the end of a valley, with one way in and out. If you can get accommodation here that is substantially cheaper than in Luzern, and you have a Swiss Travel Pass to cover the cost of travelling in and out of the valley when you want to go somewhere else, it might be a good place to stay.

Otherwise I would suggest you stay in Luzern instead.

>> We hope to enjoy the winter scenery at night.

Do you mean snow? The village of Engelberg is at an elevation of 1,013 metres. At that elevation, snow is not guaranteed in the village in December, but should be visible on the surrounding mountains.

>> Anything to do there at night?

I can’t answer that from personal experience, but this might help you:

http://www.engelberg.ch/en/ac commodation-dining/nightlife/

Most of these places seem to be in Dorfstrasse, which you can look up on Google Maps.

>> How’s the scenery there?

The village itself didn’t make much of an impression on me. It’s in a valley, so you have some mountain views – pleasant but not spectacular. Most of the buildings are modern low-rise apartment blocks if I recall correctly. In my opinion, Engelberg lacks the charm of more traditional alpine villages such as Wengen, Grindelwald and Mürren in the Jungfrau Region, where traditional chalets are the predominant building style. I would not go to Engelberg for the scenery in the village, but of course the trip up to Titlis is superb.

>> Is the apartment close to engelberg town?

You can check this on Google Maps. Usually the Post Office and Tourist Information are in the centre of town, so you can check the location of your accommodation in relation to them, and to the railway station.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2017 at 6:23:45 #865148

Thanks for your information.

1.May I know among murren,wengen,grindelward which village will have higher possiblity to see snow? Any snow parkin those area?

2. One of the reason for us to go Mt.titlis is because of the snow park that suit my kids. If I choose to go Jungfrau, is there any snow park there?

thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 June 2017 at 9:05:03 #865149

Hi Swissdec2017,

1. You’ll see snow from all three, but you won’t necessary be in the snow. To increase your chances of being in the snow, higher is better. Among these villages Mürren is the highest. Note that early December is not winter sports season yet. The weather might be more autumn-like than winter-like, but either is possible.

2. There is snow all year round on Jungfraujoch. The snow park is only open in summer. In winter there are activities in lower altitudes.

myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2017 at 10:29:24 #865150

Noted. Thanks

• The thread ‘Apartment Blumenweg 2 in Engelberg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.