First-Bachalpsee and Interlaken-Zermatt in one day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2017 at 12:26:43 #812120

Hi i’m planning to visit Grindelwald from Interlaken on 2 July and then do the First-Bachalpsee hike/walk. Then i plan to travel from Interlaken to Zermatt via Spiez, Kandersteg and Goppenstein in the scenic Lötschberg RegioExpress. Is this program feasible?? Any suggestions / modifications are welcome.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2017 at 16:34:36 #864470

Assuming you don’t have any plans in Zermatt that day, certainly you can do the Bachalpsee hike and then head to Zermatt in one day. You can check the train schedules from there to Zermatt here so you can see the schedule options.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2017 at 16:42:53 #864471

Thanks for the prompt reply.. just wanted to know what is the latest we should leave from Interlaken so as to enjoy the “scenic” train ride to Zermatt. I checked the SBB website and it takes approx 3.5 hours with 2 train changes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 8:24:12 #864472

Well it is light out until about 9pm in early July (ignoring shadows from mountain valleys). I would want to get started by 5pm to enjoy the train ride.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 13:02:47 #864473

Thanks

• The thread ‘First-Bachalpsee and Interlaken-Zermatt in one day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.