First time to Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2012 at 15:29:56 #805118

Hi,

I along with my wife and son (he will be 5 in June) wants to visit Switzerland for 3 to 4 days in May 2012.

We will be flying to Geneva and wants to cover following places:

Geneva
    Zurich
    Mt Titlis (What is the time we spend in Ropeway?)
    Engelberg
    Luzern
    Mt Jungfrau (don’t know whether Mt Jungfrau and Mt Titlis will have same experience)

Can you please suggest me an itinerary and pass we should consider?

Any other places which we can cover or places we should drop.

We are also interested to visit Chocolate factory if time permit.

Thanks
    Vikash

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2012 at 17:41:19 #835572

Also to add up should i consider going to Zermatt

Regards,
    Vikash

Annika
    7116 posts
    16 April 2012 at 14:57:56 #835573

Hi Vikash! You could think of an itinerary like Geneva (day 1), Zermatt (day 2), Interlaken and the Jungfraujoch (day 3) and Lucerne/Engelberg/maybe Titlis (day 4). It would be hard to visit Zurich and/or a chocolate factory as well during a few days’ stay, but of course you could skip Zermatt and spend day 4 in Zurich. The timetable helps you plan all trips. Since you’re traveling in May, you can use the very economical 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass. That’s definitely the cheapest solution. Your son will travel along for free with the (free) STS Family Card. Please visit the Swiss Pass page for details and enter your country of residence and further data in the upper right corner to have purchase options displayed.

• The thread ‘First time to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.