Flight baggage service Zurich to Brienz

• bvn11
    Participant
    18 posts
    9 June 2016 at 6:50:02 #809396

Hi

I am likely to land in Zurich airport around 2 pm and i have booked an apartment in Brienz. From the SBB schedule it appears that the journey to Brienz would be around three hours with a change in Luzern. Since we would be very tired after traveling from India, we were evaluating the option of Sending the baggage to our apartment and stay that night in Zurich. My question is if i book the baggage at around 2.30 on Day 1, when will it reach our apartment in Brienz ?. Despite going through SBB FAQ, etc i am not very clear and hence this request and i understand the baggage can be booked from SBB station in Zurich Airport. Pl confirm

Nagaraj

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    10 June 2016 at 2:05:51 #852859

Hi BVN11-

<<“Despite going through SBB FAQ, etc i am not very clear and hence this request and i understand the baggage can be booked from SBB station in Zurich Airport. Pl confirm”>>

True.

There ar different services with different elapsed times. faster is more expensive.

You did not say how long you will stay in Brienz.

If you use the service, I’d consider carrying light baggage and forwarding heavier bags.

This link explains the many options:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/services/lugg age-and-flight-luggage.html

Study it. It is complex.

Brienz is a nice place to stay, especially if you are not far from the train/boat station. We stayed there many times in the past.

If you can schedule a clear day, take the Brinzer Rothorn Bahn to the top.

Also, you might find a visit to Jobin wood carvers interesting. I buy a music box for my granddaughter there whenever I am in the area.

Slowpoke

Annika
    7104 posts
    10 June 2016 at 5:24:05 #852860

Hi Nagaraj,

Normally you can collect your luggage from the train station in Brienz two days later from 9:00 AM. You can arrange for this at the train station of the airport. I don’t know about delivery to the apartment. There are door-top-door services, but not station-to-door as far as I know. You can ask them if there are any quicker or better options.

bvn11
    Participant
    18 posts
    10 June 2016 at 9:47:05 #852861

Thanks Slowpoke and Annika

• The thread ‘Flight baggage service Zurich to Brienz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.