Flowers & Snow

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2010 at 18:42:55 #803986

Hi,
    I am planning my first trip to the Oberland-Bernese area next summer. Friends & I will be staying in Wengen & using that town as a base for day hiking trips. We are most interested in knowing the optimum time to go to see the best displays of wildflowers. Also, when are most of the trails in that area free of snow?

Thanks much,
    Toni

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7094 posts
    1 September 2010 at 13:49:25 #831778

Hello Toni! The best months for flowers are the end of May, June, and the beginning of July. July and August, generally the hottest months, will offer the best chances of snow free trails (but even in high summer, snow may fall at higher altitudes). This list of hikes in the Bernese Oberland may help you plan your trips.

Have fun preparing for your stay in Switzerland! Kind regards,

• The thread ‘Flowers & Snow’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.