Footwear question for Lauterbrunnen area

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2011 at 16:46:40 #804657

Hello All:

I will be in Lauterbrunnen next month and I am debating if I should take some trail shoes (Keen brand without ankle support) or rent hiking boots in Lauterbrunnen. The types of hikes (easy to moderate) I may do would be the following: north face trail, murren/grutschalp, mannlichen-kleine scheidegg, hiker’s loop from lauterbrunnen, etc.

Are hiking boots absolutely necessary for these types of hikes? My Keen shoes are broken in and comfortable.

Any suggestions would be helpful
    Thanks
    Joe.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    29 August 2011 at 22:34:21 #834070

Your trail shoes will be fine for these hikes, just watch where you are stepping. Some of these trails (while flat, wide, and mostly level) have rocks, sticks, and various indentations that could lead to a twisted ankle if you are not paying attention.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2011 at 9:56:20 #834071

Kim11:
    Thanks for the reply.

• The thread ‘Footwear question for Lauterbrunnen area’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.