Free Eurail travel days

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2016 at 12:27:54 #853705

Hello Arno,

Does this mean one can pay for a three-day pass and still travel continuously for 8 days?

Most importantly, the link to Rail Europe is taking me to the regular booking page, so where do I avail of this promotions? As in which step of the online booking process, do we use a voucher code from MySwissAlps? After your suggestions, I am going to book our passes for four from India online…hence, this would be valuable.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 August 2016 at 14:14:19 #853706

Hi esskay8,

You don’t need a voucher code. Please note that there are no 3-day Eurail passes. Please go to http://www.raileurope.co.in/t rain-tickets/rail-passes, click the “Select a rail pass” tab, and select the pass of choice (e.g. Austria – Switzerland Pass). On the next page, select the validity from the drop-down list, e.g. “5 days within 2 months FREE DAY INCL.”. You’ll pay for 4 days and get 5.

Did it work now?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2016 at 7:07:15 #853707

Thanks.

Followed your steps for the Swiss pass, and since there were no ‘free days’ mentioned, it means this is not applicable for Swiss travel passes but mostly for inter-country travel I guess.

Thanks for the help.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 August 2016 at 8:08:04 #853708

No, this promotion is indeed for Eurail passes only, please see my original post. In case any new promotions for the Swiss Travel Pass become available you’ll find them here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ promotions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2016 at 9:46:46 #853709

Thanks Arno.

Wish there was some scheme going on now for Swiss travel passes for India…

• The thread ‘Free Eurail travel days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.