Free extra travel day on France-Switzerland Pass

• Arno
    15483 posts
    7 March 2015 at 15:13:09 #806954

Hi everyone,

If booked before April 28, you will get an additional travel day on your Eurail France-Switzerland Pass, Germany-Switzerland Pass, and several others too.

myswissalps.com/eurailfranceswitzerlandpass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2015 at 15:34:55 #841932

Hi,I could not find this discount .

last Christmas I bought a Swiss pass for 22 days .But now I also can not find this one .

what happened ?

Annika
    7116 posts
    28 April 2015 at 16:22:07 #841933

Hi Christina,

I see you live in Finland. Eurail Passes are only for non-European citizens. That’s probably why you can’t find the discount.

The Swiss Pass is called Swiss Travel Pass as of January 1. The 22-day and one month version are no longer available. Please find all details on myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2015 at 19:30:22 #841934

Hi Annika,

Actually I am studying in Finland . I am planning to visit Switzerland for about 50 days . I was thinking which the best way is for the transportation . Last Christmas, I spent 500 euros for 22 days Swiss pass . if in that case , I will cost 1500 euros for transportation in this summer . It is a little bit expensive . Dose anyone have a good idea?Thank you.

Annika
    7116 posts
    29 April 2015 at 4:45:38 #841935

Hi Christina,

If you have a non-European passport you can use a Eurail pass. So are you also planning to visit France? In that case the Eurail France-Switzerland Pass may make sense. If not, the Swiss Travel System passes are a better choice. You can still get the Eurail pass with the extra day if you order today through acprail.com/rail-passes/eurail/eurail-france-switzerland. Note that this site will be set to ‘Finland’ in the upper right corner, so you have to change that to your country of residence.

It’s great that you get to spend 50 days in Switzerland! Which exact pass fits your plans depends on how much traveling you will do: both town to town and day trips by train/boat.cable car etc. Theoretically, you could buy two 15-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi’s (they’re valid for up to one month), giving you 30 days of free traveling and 50% off on other days. But that might be too much. So you’d better first have a (tentative) itinerary, and then look into passes.

Both the Eurail pass and the Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi are cheaper if you’re 25 or younger, and if you buy online.

• The thread ‘Free extra travel day on France-Switzerland Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.