From can I travel from Venice, Italy to Thun,

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2013 at 6:48:37 #805940

Can anyone tell me what is the best way by train from Venice, Italy to Thun, Switzer Land?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    28 April 2013 at 10:11:10 #838489

Hi Hellen. The most obvious route is via Domodossola, Brig and Spiez. All connections and details will be displayed if you enter Venice as your departure station and Thun as your destination in the timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2013 at 6:00:36 #838490

but it gives me the later afternoon ticket and will arrive middle night. i’d like an early train and wish to arrive at early afternoon. t would be much easier for me to find my accommodation in Thun.I do not know whether there is no early train? Shall I buy ticket from Venice to Milan (an early train) and buy from mailman to Bern lunch time train?

many many thanks

Helen

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 April 2013 at 6:36:50 #838491

Hi Helen,

There’s something weird about this connection. All trains, including the Italian ones, should be in the Swiss timetable. In this case I don’t see the early trains either. You can best check the website of the Italian railways. It shows you can depart from Venice S. Lucia at 7.50 AM, arrive in Milan 10:25 AM. Then depart there at 11:25 AM (so you have plenty of time), and arrive in Bern at 2:23 PM.

Is your destination Bern or Thun? The same train first stops in Thun at 2:03 PM; you don’t have to travel to Bern first.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2013 at 7:09:21 #838492

Thank you so much! I did not know that it stops at Thun first! es, I live in Thun that night! This is the great information!

The Italy train-on -line is very weird. I have checked the the website almost every day for a month! I will try again. My solute!

Helen

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2013 at 7:15:27 #838493

Hi, I go to the website just now and 24/06/13 is A/N! Is it because it is too early not to be released?

Many many thanks!

Helen

• The thread ‘From can I travel from Venice, Italy to Thun,’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.