From Geneva to Interlaken via Lucern to Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 February 2016 at 18:57:04 #808507

Me and hubby are planning on visiting Swiss. We plan on taking a flight from Barcelona to Geneva and from there we want to go to Interlaken (2 nights), Lucern (2 nights) and last night in Zurich and fly out from Zurich.

Is there a scenic train that would fit my tight itinerary so we won’t have to take a detour? I heard Golden Pass goes from Montroux to Interlaken but I can’t find a a morning time.

Also I am a big nature fan and want to stay in Lauterbarren but hubby is thinking it may be too difficult to reach there at night in case we are in other village or down in Interlaken.

Your advise will be valuable

thanks Maria .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2016 at 3:45:52 #848828

Don’t you think 2 night in each place is of an idea of

packing then unpacking and then packing ….

Since the distance from one place to another is hardly 2 to 3 hours. Staying in one place in the centre would be advisable?

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 March 2016 at 5:08:22 #848829

Hi Maria,

Golden Pass line information can be found on myswissalps.com/ goldenpass. There are trains all day long, please see the timetable.

Lauterbrunnen can be reached very easily: there are direct trains from Interlaken until about 22:00 at night. The ride takes 20 minutes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2016 at 16:11:36 #848830

Hmm … that may be a good idea to make Interlaken or vicinity area as a base for 3 nights and do a day trip to Lucern to do a river cruise / Mount Rigi.On the 4th day after checking Interlaken, we want to go to Titlis as a day trip and then head to Zurich. Do you think we can deposit our luggage at a locker at Engelberg station and get it on our way back?thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 March 2016 at 8:24:50 #848831

Hi Maria,

There are small lockers at the rail station of Engelberg. If your luggage does not fit in there you can store it through the staffed desk. Another option is to send your luggage ahead so you can travel light.

• The thread ‘From Geneva to Interlaken via Lucern to Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.