From Grindelwald to Interlaken via Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2012 at 13:53:49 #805036

Dear Sir/Madam,

I’ll itinerary trip to Swiss as below:
    4 Apr : Arrive at Geneva and continue to Montreux to take GoldenPass to Interlaken.
    From Interlaken I’ll continue my trip to Grindelwald and stay there.
    5 Apr : Grindelwald – Jungfrau vv. stay at Grindelwald
    6 Apr : Grindelwald to Interlaken but I want to go through Lauterbrunnen.
    What is the best fare for train ticket that I should buy for those itinerary above?
    Is it recommended to go to Lauterbrunnen on 5 Apr? I saw there is a route from Grindelwald-Jungfraujoch and to Lauterbrunnen (return).
    I have Swiss Pass already (2 Adult and 2 Kids <10 years old)
    Please advice.

Warm Regards,
    Yon

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    9 March 2012 at 6:37:45 #835198

Hi Yon,

Did you already make reservations for the Golden Pass? If not you can use this page.

A (PDF) overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid can be found on the Swiss Pass page.

The Swiss Pass will give you a 25% discount from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg and up to Jungfraujoch v.v. on 5 Apr. If you want to continue to Lauterbrunnen that same day a 25% discount is applicable from Kleine Scheidegg to Wengen. Between Wengen and Lauterbrunnen you will travel fo free.

On the other hand, you may consider to visit Lauterbrunnen on 6 Apr. From Grindelwald you can go by train to Grindelwald-Grund, take the gondolas to Männlichen, from there by cable car to Wengen and take the train to Lauterbrunnen. The Swiss Pass will give you free traveling all the way.

I wish you a pleasant stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2012 at 7:49:53 #835199

Hi- surely yoi have to pay (50%) on gondola from Grindelwald-Grund to Mannlichen and cable car from there to Wengen? We did this trip with Swiss Pass and paid 50% on a round trip as described. It’s a good excursion though and worth doing. Maggie

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    9 March 2012 at 8:25:11 #835200

Hi,

I am so sorry for my mistake, Maggie is completely right.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2012 at 11:37:08 #835201

Both for Wandermann and Maggie, thank you for your usefull advice.
    I’ve made reservation for the Golden Pass.
    My other question, when taking a Gondola or Cable Car, Am I allowed to bring my luggage as well (2 luggages) ?

Yon.

Annika
    7104 posts
    11 March 2012 at 8:45:23 #835202

Hi Yon! Yes, you can take along luggage in gondolas and cable cars.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2012 at 15:17:07 #835203

Dear Annika,

Thank you for your reply.
    So I’ll update my itineray become as below (using Swiss Pass): –> please correct me if I’m wrong.

4 Apr
    12:36 – 13:39 Geneva-Montreux [ Free ]
    13:45 – 15:32 Montreux-Zweisimmen by GoldenPass [ Free / have bought seat reservation]
    15:38 – 16:49 Zweisimmen-Spiez-Interlaken Ost by GoldenPass [ Free / have bought seat reservation]
    Interlaken Ost – Grindelwald –> Is it Free ?

5 Apr
    Grindelwald-Kleine Scheidegg and up to Jungfraujoch vv [discount 25 %] Is reservation required?

6 Apr
    Grindelwald-Grindelwald Grund [ by Train – Free ]
    Grindelwald Grund-Mannlichen [ discount 50%]
    Mannlichen-Wengen [ discount 50%]
    Wengen-Lauterbrunnen [ by Train – Free ]
    Lauterbrunnen-Interlaken Ost [ by Train – Free ]

Where I can get timetable for Gondola and Cable Car? Is reservation required for Gondola/Cable Car?
    I will take Golden Pass on 6 Apr from Interlaken Ost – Luzern at 15:04.
    What time will give me enough time to check-out from hotel in Grindelwald if I take those inteneraries above?

Warm Regards,
    Yon

Annika
    7104 posts
    12 March 2012 at 12:51:24 #835204

Hi Yon! Interlaken-Grindelwald is covered by your Swiss Pass. Please refer to the validity map that can be downloaded from the Swiss Pass page.

Seat reservation for the Jungfraujoch train and the Männlichen cable cars aren’t necessary. The Swiss timetable allows you search for train, bus and boat connections. The Bernese Oberland link section lists websites of gondolas and cable cars: you’ll find timetables there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2012 at 13:50:24 #835205

Hi, Do I need to use a day if I’m using a Swiss Flexi Pass on Mannlichen-Wengen? Thank you.

Annika
    7104 posts
    19 March 2012 at 15:42:02 #835206

Hello iamargentina. No, you don’t have to use a free travel day. If your Swiss Flexi Pass is already activated (it always has to start off with a free travel day) you can buy discounted tickets for Männlichen-Wengen on non-free travel days as well.

By the way, you can best start a new topic for your questions, as they’ll be noticed more easily by other forum members than when they’re asked in another, already existing thread. You can do so by logging in, getting to the forum and clicking ‘Start new topic’ in the right corner above the topic list. Thanks :-)!

• The thread ‘From Grindelwald to Interlaken via Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.