From Italy to Swiss to Paris

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2012 at 1:59:23 #805680

Hi there, I am from Malaysia and plan to travel from Italy Milan around 24th March next year to Switzerland, then to Paris. Pls advise on below :

1. Which train should I take from Milan to Interlaken ? Any direct train ? In case if no direct train, how can I get to Interlaken from Milan? Pls suggest the easiest way / cost effective method by train.

2. I plan to stay 1 night in Interlaken, pls suggest a ideal itinery for a 2 days short trip in Interlaken, which place should I visit within short time frame that I have there ?

3. Plan to take a night train to Paris after 2 days 1 night stay in Ineterlaken as mentioned in (2) above, which train should I take? any direct train to Paris from Interlaken ?

4. Plan to stay Paris for 2 nights, then go to London. which is the most cost effective way to get to London ? If by train, what are my options ?

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    1 November 2012 at 10:54:59 #837380

Hi fslim. You can plan your trips from Milan and to Paris with the aid of the Swiss timetable. If you enter your route, date and preferred traveling time, all options will be displayed with further details if you click the ‘plus’ icon. There are direct Eurostar trains between Paris and London. You can arrange for tickets and seat reservations through the seat reservation page.

By March/early April quite some cable cars and mountain trains will be closed down. You can visit some beautiful viewing points such as the Schilthorn and the Jungfraujoch though. Scenic trains trips, e.g. to Lucerne via Meiringen and Brünig, and in the direction of Zweisimmen and Gstaad, are an option too.

Depending on your exact travel plans, a rail pass such as the Swiss Half Fare Card or the Swiss Card will probably be more economical than buying point to point tickets.

• The thread ‘From Italy to Swiss to Paris’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.