From Italy to Swiss to Paris

From Italy to Swiss to Paris

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
fslim
fslim
2 posts
Oct 29, 2012 - 2:59 AM
Hi there, I am from Malaysia and plan to travel from Italy Milan around 24th March next year to Switzerland, then to Paris. Pls advise on below :

1. Which train should I take from Milan to Interlaken ? Any direct train ? In case if no direct train, how can I get to Interlaken from Milan? Pls suggest the easiest way / cost effective method by train.

2. I plan to stay 1 night in Interlaken, pls suggest a ideal itinery for a 2 days short trip in Interlaken, which place should I visit within short time frame that I have there ?

3. Plan to take a night train to Paris after 2 days 1 night stay in Ineterlaken as mentioned in (2) above, which train should I take? any direct train to Paris from Interlaken ?

4. Plan to stay Paris for 2 nights, then go to London. which is the most cost effective way to get to London ? If by train, what are my options ?

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks!
Annika
Annika
4418 posts
expert &
Nov 1, 2012 - 10:54 AM
Hi fslim. You can plan your trips from Milan and to Paris with the aid of the Swiss timetable. If you enter your route, date and preferred traveling time, all options will be displayed with further details if you click the 'plus' icon. There are direct Eurostar trains between Paris and London. You can arrange for tickets and seat reservations through the seat reservation page.

By March/early April quite some cable cars and mountain trains will be closed down. You can visit some beautiful viewing points such as the Schilthorn and the Jungfraujoch though. Scenic trains trips, e.g. to Lucerne via Meiringen and Brünig, and in the direction of Zweisimmen and Gstaad, are an option too.

Depending on your exact travel plans, a rail pass such as the Swiss Half Fare Card or the Swiss Card will probably be more economical than buying point to point tickets.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:31 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016