FROM NETHERLANDS TO GENEVA

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2011 at 8:44:07 #804422

my stay in switzerland will be for 7 days then 2 days in paris and then 1 day in The Hague
    i am looking for night journey from the hague or from rotterdam to geneva by either of transport -bus or train
    can u advice any eurorail pass which will cover whole of this cross country travel

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 June 2011 at 11:22:15 #833264

Hi mahiya001! I’m not quite sure if I understand your itinerary correctly. Will you be staying in Switzerland first, then Paris, then The Hague, and then traveling back again to Geneva?

Assuming that you only need rail trips from Switzerland to Paris, from Paris to The Hague (and from The Hague back again to Switzerland?), a Eurail Pass may turn out to be too expensive. You should consider a 4 country Eurail Select Pass in that case, but that’s only cost effective if you’ll be doing further train traveling in both France and the Netherlands as well. If not, you can best buy regular train tickets for these trips. This should be supplement with a rail pass for Switzerland, if you intend to use public transportation there during your 7 day stay.

CityNightLine provides information on night trains from the Netherlands to Switzerland.

• The thread ‘FROM NETHERLANDS TO GENEVA’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.